Frequently Asked Questions
Do you need to sell your house fast? Are you looking for a cash buyer? Then you have come to the right place. At Accelerate Homes we specialise in fast house cash sales. We have helped over 1000 UK homeowners sell their house quickly.
Whether you are experiencing financial difficulties, want to move an inherited home quickly, need help stop your house being repossessed, are going through a divorce or just want to release cash from your property fast, we're here to help.
We know that you may have lots of questions about selling your house fast and for cash. Our expert property team are on hand to answer any of your questions, just contact us. Below we have tried to answer our most frequently asked questions.
- What type of houses do you buy?
- We buy any type of residential property in the UK. This includes standard houses like detached and semi-detached homes, and terraces, as well as apartments, ex-council properties and bungalows. In fact we will also buy non-standard construction homes. Unfortunately we do not buy properties in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- My house is in need of a full-scale refurbishment, would you still consider it?
- Yes. When we say we buy any type of residential property in the UK, we also mean in any condition. We have bought many houses that are in need of a full-scale refurbishment, including homes that have fire damage and flood damage. We also buy houses that are suffering from damp and dry rot, or have subsidence issues.
- Do you offer prices at open market value?
- In short, we do not offer the open market value of your property as our service cuts out all transaction costs traditionally associated with selling a property (i.e. estate agent fees, surveyor fees, legal fees, mortgage repayment costs during the sale process, refurbishment fees etc.) and allows you to release immediate cash from your property extremely quickly. Selling your property to us involves no fees (we pay all costs, incl. your legal fees), can complete in as little as 7 days (typically we complete in 28 days), and offer 100% cash for your property. With us there are no viewings, no chains, no onward investors to sell too. It is a straightforward service that is hassle-free. You don't need to worry about covering your mortgage during the sale and you don't need to be concerned about the state of your property - we buy properties in any condition. Moreover, our service is flexible - we often provide upfront cash advances, will pay for removal and clearance, and can help you move into your new home.
- How does your service work?
- We pride ourselves on providing a straightforward, fair and transparent service. To start the process with Accelerate Homes you need to complete our online form or call us. We will use the information you submit to estimate the value of your property and provide you with an initial cash offer over the phone. This process usually takes us 24 hours. On the call we will discuss the offer and your circumstances, and assuming you are happy we will move to step 2. Here we will send a RICS chartered surveyor to independently assess your property and accurately evaluate its condition. The surveyor will provide an independent valuation to you and to us. Given the information from the surveyor we may revise our initial offer accordingly. At this stage we will provide you with our final offer, which is not subject to change (please watch out for scammers who are known to change their final offer at the last minute. Throughout the process you are under no obligation to proceed. If you do decide to proceed we will help you complete all paperwork and pay for all legal costs. You then set your own completion date and we will hit it!
- Do I need to pay you an admin fee or cover any costs?
- No, we do not charge an admin fee and we recommend you avoid any company that does. In addition we cover all costs associated with the transaction. We will cover the cost of the independent survey and any legal fees should you proceed with the sale. We are also able to offer certain sellers the opportunity to stay on in their property for a short period after the sale, rent-free. If there are costs associated with your move we can also help here.
- Are you a member of the The Property Ombudsman and The National Association Of Property Buyers?
- Generally, how fast can you purchase my house?
- The fastest we can purchase a house is 7 working days, but on average we complete sales within 28 working days. In principle we can move as fast as you like. If you are in a huge rush then assuming we have all the right information we can compete very quickly.
- Can you still help me if my mortgage payments are in arrears?
- Yes. We can help you stop and reverse repossession proceedings and can negotiate settlements with your lender on your behalf. We will buy any property as long as there is some equity to start with.
- Do you ever provide upfront cash advances?
- Yes. If you are experiencing financial difficulties and need some upfront cash we can help. Contact us to find out more.
- Do you buy houses with tenants in situ?